The application form must be filled in by all applicants. To access it, please enter a username and password on the upper right side of the page. Complete and submit the PhD application form once you have registered. Applicants will be asked to upload the following documents in English:
*Please note that all the documents provided should be in PDF format.
- Curriculum vitae specifying education and experience, including career breaks, and supported by pertinent documents.
- A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) highlighting your research experience and academic achievements and explaining why you are interested in IRB Barcelona and in a particular research group.
- A scanned copy of the student’s certified Academic Record. These documents must show the grades attained in exam periods. If the certified academic records are not in Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above mentioned languages.
- Any additional files considered relevant to the application
- Two recommendation letters from university lecturers or scientists with who the applicant has studied or worked. Applications not supported by these letters will not be eligible. If the applicant has previously worked with a researcher at IRB Barcelona, any letter of reference from said person cannot be included as one of the two reference letters requested. However, it can be sent to provide additional support for the application.
You are responsible for ensuring that referees submit their letters. Fill in the section reserved on the application form for the names of the referees and click into "Send letter" button to send an automatic email to your referees asking for your recommendation. Be informed that it is possible your referees may not receive the instructions when you click into "Send letter" due to IT firewall systems of the email accounts. We recommend you to contact the referees in order to verify if they have received the e-mail.
Please indicate the Research Node(s) to which you wish to apply (up to 3). Details of the available research projects for the IRB-TARGET fellowships are provided in Annex 2 of the IRB-TARGET call.
- Chemical and Structural Biology
- Cell Pathophysiology
- Computational Biology
- Invertebrate Models of Disease
- Preclinical Models of Cancer
- Preclinical Models of Disease
If you have any doubts regarding the application process, or experience any problems in your application you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org