The application form must be filled in by all applicants. To access it, please enter a username and password on the upper right side of the page. Complete and submit the PhD application form once you have registered. You will be asked to attach the following documents in English:
- Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) highlighting your research experience and academic achievements and explaining why you are interested in IRB Barcelona and in a particular research group.
- A scanned copy of the student’s certified Academic Record. These documents must show the grades attained in exam periods. If the certified academic records are not in Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above mentioned languages.
- Any additional files considered relevant to the application
- Two recommendation letters from university lecturers or scientists with who the applicant has studied or worked. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that referees submit these letters. Applications not supported by these letters will not be eligible.
* Please note that all the documents provided should be in PDF format.
The IRB _DREAM application and selection process is run in parallel to the opening of 2022 IRB Barcelona International PhD Fellowship call. Applicants should complete and submit the online form.
Those candidates applying for the IRB_DREAM call who wish their candidature to also be considered for the 2022 IRB Barcelona International PhD fellowship call need only submit a single application, which will be considered in both calls.
You are responsible for ensuring that referees submit their letters (deadline for referees is 15:00 CET on 12 December 2021). Fill in the section reserved on the application form for the names of the referees and click into "Send letter" button to send an automatic email to your referees asking for your recommendation. Be informed that it is possible your referees may not receive the instructions when you click into "Send letter" due to IT firewall systems of the email accounts. We recommend you to contact the referees in order to verify if they have received the e-mail.
Please indicate the Research Node(s) to which you wish to apply (up to 3):
- Chemical and Structural Biology
- Computational Biology
- Invertebrate Models of Disease
- Cell Pathophysiology
- Preclinical Models of Cancer
- Preclinical Models of Disease
More information on the research activities of each group can be found on the IRB Barcelona webpage.
We suggest that you attach and submit all the information you can in English (CV, motivation letter, summary of work experience). If the certified academic records are not in Spanish or English you should also attach a sworn translation in one of these languages.
If you have any doubts regarding the application process, or experience any problems in your application you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org